memoQ Day at Universidade Nova de Lisboa (Lisbon, Portugal)
Held on April 22, 2015
A user-centric event for university teaching and professional practice
|Who attended?||University faculty involved in teaching translation and languages
Students with an interest in translation and editing
Professional translators and editors
Technology trainers and consultants
Project managers at language service companies
|Objective||This first Users’ Day for memoQ was an opportunity to learn more about the possibilities and best practices of this platform in professional use and teaching environments and to experience new approaches to the use of complementary technologies such as speech recognition and machine pseudo-translation (MpT).|
|Content||Presentations and information distributed on the day included:|
- Kilgray’s academic programs and policies
- The state of affairs for teaching memoQ, SDL Trados Studio, Wordfast, OmegaT and other technologies at Portuguese universities
- Speech recognition in many languages, including Portuguese! The use of Macintosh computers and virtual machines for windows applicatiuons such as memoQ, mobile devices and special workflows for dictation in writing and translation. Optimizing the ergonomics of work for a better life.
- Innovative workflows with machine pseudo-translation as a resource.
- Getting more from LiveDocs.
- Learning resources for memoQ.
- SDL Trados and STAR Transit resources in memoQ and interoperability in teaching and professional work.
- Migrating to memoQ from a company perspective (in Portuguese)
- Kilgray co-founder and product manager Gábor Ugray on visions of the future for human interaction with creative technology
- The “Ask the Experts” panel for memoQ and translation technologies.
& more (TBA)
The event will be repeated in 2016; watch this site or the Facebook page for announcements!
Event sponsors: Many thanks to the individuals and organizations who contributed materially to the planning, underwriting and content of first memoQ Day at Universidade Nova de Lisboa.
See the calendar of all upcoming events on Facebook as well: